Staff and Student Exchange
The Centre encourages staff and student exchange between two institutions. A number of research students have travelled to work in the collaborator laboratories. These visits are supported by joint research projects and other external scholarships.
University of South Australia has been highly successful in sending our Pharmaceutical Science students for placements in Shandong pharmaceutical companies under the New Colombo Plan. 19 of our students have visited Shandong University and Pharmaceutical companies in Shandong in last 4 years.
From a visiting student
PhD candidate, School of Nursing, Shandong University
For 12 months from March 2015 I was a research intern with the Mental Health and Substance Use Research Group, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia.
My supervisors are Professor Fenglan Lou in Shandong University and Profess Nicholas Procter in UniSA. During my year with UniSA, I had many excellent experiences. All the group members supported me- not only as an academic but also in day-to-day life as a researcher from China living in Australia. It was fantastic opportunity for me to both live and study in Adelaide.
With the help from Professor Nicholas Procter and his group, my ability to create scientific papers and improve English communication skills was a highlight.
The academic work I have done during my time at UniSA's Mental Health and Substance Use Research Group has enabled me to deepen knowledge and broaden my international perspectives in mental health care. In addition, Adelaide is a very beautiful city. If you get a chance to come here and study in UniSA, seize the opportunity - you will never regret it.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College