University of South Australia property graduate takes the lead at StocklandDecember 07 2012
University of South Australia property graduate, Mark Steinert, has been announced as the new Managing Director and CEO of Stockland, Australia’s largest diversified property company.
When he takes the reins in January, Steinert will become only the fourth Managing Director in Stockland’s 60-year history.
Having completed the UniSA degree in property, Steinert worked with international property consultants, Jones Lang LaSalle, before embarking on an impressive 18-year career at global investment bank, UBS. During his time at UBS, Steinert spent several years based in New York, where he rose to become Global Head of Securities Research and Relationship Management and, ultimately, Global Head of Product Development and Management.
UniSA property lecturer Dr Geoff Page taught Steinert during his degree and remembers him as a deep thinking student.
“He was one of those students who always wanted to understand why – he questioned,” Dr Page says.
“At the time I know he had some doubts about studying property – he thought maybe he could serve the community better as a police officer.”
Professor of Property at UniSA Prof David Parker says Steinert’s success in what is a highly competitive market place is a credit to his character and his education.
“Mark’s success is a great tribute to the high quality of property education provided by the UniSA property team but also to the way he has used that foundation to build his career.
“As we tell all of our students, a degree in property from UniSA allows you to work anywhere in the world and the only limit on your career progression is your own ambition.”
Media contact: Michèle Nardelli office: 08 8302 0966 mobile: 0418 823 673 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The perils of public wi-fi, battery technology now adding up, why the environment is good for business, and storyte… https://t.co/jmpKNevmci
RT @marioneckert5: RBRC leading the way in reporting burnout in the nursing & midwifery workforce in SA. Taking a personal & professional t…
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College