Did you know that you can access the rising stars of tomorrow by hosting a UniSA student to undertake a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience in your organisation?
What is Work Integrated Learning (WIL)?
Work Integrated Learning is the term used to describe learning activities where students integrate theory learned at university with practice in a real-world environment with an industry or community partner.
WIL activities for students typically involve one of the following:
- Industrial Experience Placements – students undertake work experience with an organisation which is designed to give them valuable hands-on experience in the real world.
- Industry Projects – a planned body of work provided by an organisation to an individual or team of students that results in the delivery of an agreed, tangible outcome.
- Internships – a high-performing student is placed in a workplace to undertake an industry project for a period of 12-15 weeks full time equivalent.
What are the benefits of hosting a UniSA student?
The benefits of hosting a UniSA student include:
- An opportunity to identify potential employees of the future
- Gaining a different perspective or fresh ideas on your real-world issues or problems
- Providing a student with a valuable learning experience
- Staff development opportunities for your employees in mentoring and supervising
- Giving back to your community and helping to nurture the stars of tomorrow
- Driving your corporate social agenda
How do I register my interest?
UniSA staff are available to support you through all stages of engagement. The application process for providing a UniSA student with a WIL experience is easy.
Simply complete the Expression of Interest Form and we will contact you to discuss your needs, answer questions and walk you through the process to find a suitable student.
Where do I find further information?
Download the resources below to guide you through the entire WIL process.
- Hosting a UniSA Student Information for Industry and Community Partners (PDF, 1.21MB)
- Industry FAQs (PDF, 1.22MB)
For more information please contact us.