Girl Guides SA
By equipping girls with skills for life, Girl Guides SA has played a vital role in the empowerment of girls and young women throughout South Australia since our establishment in 1919. This positive influence is evident in the achievements of our Guides both Australia wide and overseas. Our alumni include a great many women, such as BHP Billiton Director Carolyn Hewson, Australian Food Guru Margaret Fulton, Author JK Rowling and Actress Emma Thompson, just to mention a few. These women illustrate that girls and young women are our future!
In the spirit of female empowerment, we invite you to work with us through your choice of the following project areas. Together we can launch Girl Guides SA into an even brighter future!
For students of:
Work alongside our Marketing Coordinator to develop events, web content and social media campaigns. For example, “Journey of the Guide” will profile the stories and achievements of individual Girl Guides.
Develop plans for the renovation of one or more of our outdoor adventure campsites, including accommodation and activities such as high-ropes or obstacle courses.
Work alongside Girl Guide Unit Members and Leaders to develop (and potentially deliver) 1-2hr workshops for ages 5yrs+ on healthy habits for mental, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. Our members literally range in age from 5yrs-105yrs, so you can choose your niche!
Assist the CEO and see first hand how she operates a fast-paced, dynamic and expanding work environment. Assist by managing her diary, filtering emails, taking minutes at board meetings and shadowing the CEO during appointments with important stakeholders.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College