Helping future progessionals learn, design and succeed.
Welcome to UniSA Motorsport, a club designed to foster student learning in motorsport environments.
The primary focus for UniSA Motorsport is currently the UniSA FSAE team which competes in the annual national FSAE-A competition, by the Society of Automotive Engineers. This competition requires students to design and build an open wheel race car from scratch.
A successful motorsport team, that designs and builds a race car from scratch, requires a diverse range of students from Business, HR, Marketing, Design, IT, Management and all aspects of Engineering.
The team also has access to a meeting room, project room & workshop space in M building of the UniSA Mawson Lake's campus.
With access to a full manufacturing workshop and technical support, you will be joining a motivated and dedicated team of students.
Click here to join the UniSA Motorsport Club.
What we do:
At UniSA Motorsport, the student led team runs all aspects of the Motorsport Team.
Students are responsible for Team management, project management and systems engineering for all projects. The planning, design and engineering of the car is from scratch and led by students utilising advanced CAD software. Manufacturing of most components is in house and performed by students in the engineering workshop with support from experienced technicians. All engineering, testing and competition preparation is by students under the experienced eye of our Faculty Advisors.
UniSA Motorsport is a great opportunity to learn and have a great time all at once! Where else can you plan, design, engineer, manufacture, construct and drive an open wheel racecar in a 1 year timespan?
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College