Sensors Special Interest Group (SSIG)
Purpose of the Sensors Special Interest Group
Established in 2017, by Professor Christopher Saint and Professor Chris Chow, the role of the Sensors Special Interest Group is to provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure there is a mechanism to maximize UniSA’s profile in the area of sensor development and deployment utilising approaches such as:
- The identification of core expertise across the university and ensuring a mechanism for group engagement
- Provide a means for information exchange between internal university researchers and with key external partners such as national and international researchers and government and industry leaders
- Devise and develop teams that can bid for research funding in the areas of sensor development and deployment
- Identify opportunities for research and funding on key priorities where sensor technology can be utilised to provide a successful outcome.
The special group will benefit its members by raising awareness of advances and projects in the sensor development and application areas. It will also assist in building a strong connected network of researchers in the sensor field with industry and government.
The group will align its activities with UniSA’s defined themes and sectors ensuring appropriate strategic focus.
Asset Management – Theme Leader: Associate Professor Rameez Rameezdeen
Health and Wellbeing – Theme Leaders: Professor Siobhan Banks and Associate Professor Jill Dorrian
Material Sciences – To be advised
Environment – Theme Leader: Dr Stefan Peters
Sensor Systems – To be advised
The Sensors Special Interest Group will comprise of researchers involved in sensor research activities within the University of South Australia. If you are active with sensor research and would like to be involved please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SSIG have met on the 13th December 2017, 10th October 2018 and the 29th April 2019. Click on the links to see previous presentations:
Planning for the next meeting is currently underway.
Come along and hear from both UniSA researchers and industry professionals in the area of sensor research. The third meeting aligns with our sensors themes of health and wellbeing and systems integration and networking. You will also have the opportunity to put forward questions to a panel of external professionals.
To register your interest in the Sensors Special Interest Group please email email@example.com.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College