Forest Research Mount Gambier
Forest Research Mount Gambier is a partnership between the University of South Australia, the forest industry, the Federal Government and the Government of South Australia. It is assisting in delivering the regional priorities of the forest industry, through the National Institute for Forest Products Innovation (NIFPI).
More about our Forest Industry Partnership
Located at UniSA’s Mount Gambier Campus, Forest Research Mount Gambier helps support South Australia’s $1.2 billion forest industry. The industry is one of the largest employers in the Green Triangle region, providing 7,000 direct and 15,000 indirect jobs, according to industry sources. The Green Triangle is home to 18 per cent of Australia’s total plantation estate, including plantation and forest products companies who have significant investments. This partnership supports a strategic alliance to leverage outcomes and provide highly skilled research resources to address regional and national forest industry needs.
Forest Research Mount Gambier plays a vital role in fostering collaboration, undertaking research, boosting innovation and maintaining jobs while making Mount Gambier one of the major centres for forest industry research in the country.
Further information about the University of South Australia Mount Gambier Campus is available here.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College