The Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment has a proud history of furthering education and research in the fields of science and technology to promote innovation locally, nationally and internationally.
We have a diverse and multi-cultural environment with over 300 academic researchers and over 320 PhD students, located across our Mawson Lakes and City East campuses. Our schools, research institutes and research centres work collaboratively in cross-disciplinary teams, to produce outstanding learning outcomes and research results.
Our research themes include:
- Responsible use of natural resources and low carbon living,
- Remediation of the environmental damage caused by human and industrial activity,
- Improved outcomes in chronic (non-healing) wounds that affect half a million Australians,
- New medical therapies for incurable diseases involving cells, and
- New technologies in information technology, engineering, mathematics and the natural and built environments.
The Division also leads nationally in large scale, longer term industry to end-user driven research projects. Through the Australian government’s Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) scheme, our researchers are partners in seven CRCs, working with industry on multi-million dollar projects to address some of the major challenges facing developed and developing economies. We are the lead institution in the CRC in Cell Therapy Manufacturing and the ‘Big Data’ CRC – Data to Decisions.
Partner with us
Forming linkages with industry and government partners seeking to engage with the research capabilities of the Division is the goal of our dedicated Business Development team.
Contact us to discuss how we can work together:
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College