Surveying Pathways

Are you interested in a career in Surveying? UniSA offers a Master of Surveying for those people who ultimately want to become a licensed surveyor. If you are currently considering commencing an undergraduate program in 2019 which will form a pathway to a career in Surveying, UniSA offers:

There are many pathways that you can take to help you gain entry into these undergraduate programs, even if you do not have the required qualification or ATAR to apply directly.

Use your ATAR (Year 12)

Complete Year 12 and apply to a program using your ATAR. All programs listed above also have SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods as a prerequisite. 

Take the Maths Short Course

Have a great Selection Rank but didn’t complete SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods? UniSA is introducing a new Maths Short Course to allow students to obtain the required prerequisite before commencing your studies at UniSA.

Take a UniSA Pathway

A UniSA Pathway is a way for people that do not have the required qualifications or ATAR to apply for a Bachelor degree. UniSA College offers one and two-year programs to prepare you for university and to guarantee entry into a range of Bachelor degrees.

  • UniSA Foundation Studies is a free* one-year program for students with no previous qualifications or for school leavers without an ATAR. You will get a taste of university and learn the skill you need to study for your degree. Upon completion, you can use your grade point average (GPA) to apply for any UniSA degree (a competitive GPA is required). (*Note: you will still be required to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee as determined by the Australian Government).
  • Diploma in Science and Technology is a two-year program that prepares you for university study. Upon successful completion, you have guaranteed entry into the second year of all programs listed above.

Take an alternative pathway

Alternative pathways are ways for people that do not have the required qualifications or ATAR to apply for a Bachelor degree. These pathways are offered by a range of organisations that are external to UniSA.

  • Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) – A two-hour test designed to test your aptitude for tertiary level study. Your STAT results will be used to create a ranking that you can use to compete for entry in your chosen program.
  • Certificate IV or above – Complete an award from TAFE or a registered training organisation
  • Higher Education – If you have completed at least half a year of full-time equivalent study at another recognised institution, you can use your GPA to apply for your degree.
  • Open Universities Australia (OUA) – Complete at least four OUA courses at undergraduate level or above. 

Areas of study and research

+ Click to minimise