Robert Llewelyn meets TREVMarch 25 2013
In January 2013, RiAus brought Robert Llewelyn, host of Fully Charged, to Mawson Lakes to feature our two-seater renewable energy vehicle (TREV) on a episode of the show. Fully Charged is an online technology show that looks into how we consume energy, renewable energy, electric cars and how technology will shape the future.
The episode features Robert Llewellyn, who is known for other shows such as Red Dwarf, Scrapheap Challenge and Carpool, speaking with project leader, Peter Pudney, and going on a drive around the Mawson Lakes campus.
TREV is a solar car that was designed and built to run on entirely non-polluting, renewable energy. The prototype car was designed and built by staff and students at the University of South Australia in a collaboration of various schools and research institutes.
The episode also featured the Zero Race expedition in which TREV went around the world competing with 40 other sustainable electric vehicles. The race started in Geneva and continued over 30,000km across 16 countries.
Watch the episode of Fully Charged
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College