Professor Simon Beecham appointed Divisional Pro Vice ChancellorSeptember 01 2015
Professor Simon Beecham will continue in the role of Pro Vice Chancellor of the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment. Simon commenced in the role in January 2015 and has been instrumental in leading the Division during a time of significant change as we created the University’s largest single research institute, the Future Industries Institute and managed a number of important professional accreditation review processes, including the most recent visit from Engineers Australia.
Simon joined UniSA in 2006 and previously held roles as Head of the School of Natural and Built Environments, and the Director of UniSA’s Centre for Water Management and Reuse. He is a Fellow of Engineers Australia and the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Simon is also an accomplished outcome-focused researcher in the sustainable management of water resources. He currently holds three Australian Research Council (ARC) grants, and through his research has developed industry tools such as the Syfon and Switch2 software programs.
Congratulations to Simon on his appointment!
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College