Pro Vice Chancellor Professor Rob Short elected as Fellow of engineering academyOctober 18 2013
Pro Vice Chancellor for the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment (ITEE) and leading materials scientist Professor Rob Short, has been elected as a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE).
ATSE is made up of some of Australia’s leading authorities in engineering and technology, and focuses on applying technologies in strategic ways for social, economic and environmental benefits. Being elected as a Fellow of the Academy is a great honour for scientists as it is a reflection of their achievements as innovators and leaders.
Prof Short was appointed as the Pro Vice Chancellor of ITEE earlier this year, and is also the foundation director of UniSA’s Mawson Institute, which he has established into a world class research hub in advanced materials science.
Amongst Prof Short’s many achievements in research, innovation and leadership, was successfully winning a bid in February this year to lead the Australian Cell Therapy Manufacturing CRC, a $59 million project to deliver affordable and accessible cell therapies and position Australia at the leading edge of cell therapy manufacturing.
Read the full story in the UniSA News Room.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College