Established in 2004, the School of Natural and Built Environments (NBE) is located across two campuses: in the heart of Adelaide at the City East Campus and at the expanding and vibrant new suburb of Mawson Lakes on the northern fringe of the City.
As part of the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment, the School offers applied and relevant programs that take students out of the classroom and into the field.
Studies include Environmental and Civil Engineering, Hydrology and Water Resources, Construction Management and Economics, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Geoinformatics and Geographic Information Systems and Project Management.
The School prides itself on practising innovative teaching methods, with our graduates widely sought after due to the practical experience gained throughout their programs. We have developed strong links with industry and government bodies to ensure students gain relevant practical experience to complement their studies.
NBE provides coursework programs and undertakes research to support improved environmental and socio-economic sustainability. As well as being involved in several national Cooperative Research Centres, the School also has its own Natural and Built Environments Research Centre and has a collaborative working relationship with the Future Industries Institute and the Barbara Hardy Institute.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College