Read on to find some links to a range of maths related sites.
The following sites are good sources of data for any statistical projects you might be undertaking:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics : The web page of our national statistical body. Includes statistics online and job opportunities with the ABS.
- Transport Statistics : Useful source of statistics in the area of transportation.
- UK Office of National Statistics : Home page for the UK equivalent of our ABS.
Societies and journals
- Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers : Home page for the AAMT. Try the Maths Bytes under the heading of The Attic. This is an online journal devoted to the teaching and learning of mathematics using information technology.
- Australian Mathematical Society : Home page for the AMS. Includes a links page and online journal, with opportunity for feedback.
- Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute
- Mathematics Association of South Australia
- Statistical Society of Australia Inc. (SSAI)
- Teaching Statistics Home Page : The home page for the journal Teaching Statistics. Arthur Owen's list of statistical investigations is a must see, as is the Stirling recording sheet. This page is especially useful to teachers, but students of statistics will find plenty of useful material here too.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College