Cycling to Mawson Lakes
For a healthy and cheaper way to travel to campus every day, you could try cycling. The Mawson Lakes community has been designed with tree-lined streets, parks, lakes and 26 kilometres of hike and bike trails. The bike trails also link to a wider network called Bikedirect, which covers much of the Adelaide Metropolitan area. Check out Bike SA, South Australia’s peak body for recreational and commuter cycling in South Australia. You can also print the Mawson Lakes Bikes and Hike map, which outline route maps and, lunchtime discovery and fitness trails.
Also check out the Cycle Instead Journey Planner to find your safest and best route to campus and Map My Ride to share and map your bike routes and riding progress. Explore your options and find the right cycle path and exercise progress plan for you.
Keeping your bike safe on campus
Bike racks are available across the campus and can be used with personal bike locking devices. Secured bicycle storage is also available for staff and students, and it's easy to find a shower around the campus for you to freshen up once you arrive. View the shower facilities and campus bike storage map.
You can also get here by:
The Mawson Lakes campus is only 12km from the city.
There are a number of buses that come from the city and surrounding suburbs.
A fit and healthy option for students using the South Australia recommended bike routes.
Other useful links
Get useful links on transport in Adelaide, including journey planners, maps, and bus and train timetables.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College