UniSA Connect programs for secondary school students connect with science, technology, engineering, mathematics and career information. All programs are supported by the University of South Australia and are offered free of charge for students (unless otherwise advised).
If you would like to make an enquiry email UniSAConnect@unisa.edu.au
At the Whyalla campus, UniSA Connect will be conducting
STEM Innovation Experience
The STEM Innovation Experience (STEMIE) aims to increase STEM engagement in schools and increase awareness of STEM in the wider community. This is achieved through students’ participation in a series of STEM-based tasks linked to curriculum.
STEMIE has three major components - a Learning Phase, the STEMIE Regional Showcase, which then culminates with the STEMIE State Final.
A learning and networking opportunity for Year 11 girls studying Science and Mathematics who wish to explore STEM careers. STEM Girls aims to support young women to continue studying Science and Mathematics through their schooling and into university.
The girls will be invited to participate in two inquiry based learning days at UniSA - a STEM Girls Networking Dinner and a full day Industry Tour.
The ConocoPhillips Science Experience is a three day program on Wednesday 21 – Friday 23 August 2019
The ConocoPhillips Science Experience is a national program and will provide an immersive STEM Inquiry Based Learning program for students to work as a scientist to learn skills and knowledge to be able to identify solutions to a big question proposed to them. The program in a passive solar engineering context provides an immersive, inquiry based learning integrated STEM approach to design a sustainable energy house for a developing country.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College