Career Awareness Program
The Career Awareness Program (CAP) is designed to enhance the Year 10 SACE Personal Learning Plan (PLP) subject. The CAP engages with secondary school students to raise awareness and aspirations for higher education.
This program utilises the My Career Match profile which allows students to determine their skills, abilities, strengths and personality style. The profile can assist students to identify future careers, study pathways and can also be linked to some PLP curriculum tasks.
This program is delivered at secondary school sites by negotiation.
The Career Awareness Program is supported by University undergraduates where possible.
What will Students do?
Complete a career match profile.
Engage with University undergraduates to:
- Analyse the career match profile
- Engage in skill based conversations regarding career pathways
- Negotiation of the Career Awareness Program is with individual secondary schools.
- Most sessions are delivered at the school site.
- Places are limited.
Expression of interest
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College