About the PEO
The School of Education is committed to supporting the development of Preservice Teachers (PSTs) and fostering continued high quality teaching practice in our community.
The Professional Experience Office supports this commitment by optimising partner engagement and supporting enterprise for the School of Education. We build strong connections and nurture relationships with state, national and international sites, and collaborate with Early Learning and Childcare centres, the Department for Education, Catholic Education and Independent sectors.
The Professional Experience Office (PEO) facilitates Preservice teacher placements and internships by:
- fostering partnerships with Early Learning and Childcare centres and state, Catholic, independent and international sites,
- sourcing and delivering high quality placement and internship opportunities that enhance outcomes for Preservice Teachers
- ensuring all PSTs meet placement prerequisite requirements, including those of the university, Teachers Registration Board and State and Federal Governments
- managing the Preservice Teacher placement systems
- managing prerequisite requirements and providing placement details to PSTs
- managing the interim report, action plan, moderated teaching observation and assessment report processes for PSTs
- managing university supervisors to support PSTs on placement
- executing Placement Agreements with placement hosts that ensure all PSTs undertaking placement are covered for insurance.
All placements are managed and allocated through our online tool, InPlace. Preservice Teachers (PSTs) can access InPlace to determine the requirements of placement, to view and submit preferences, to review their placement allocation and to determine venue requirements. All relevant placement documentation is managed through InPlace and PSTs can use this tool to check their submitted documentation has been confirmed and verified.
Placements undertaken by PSTs can be situated in metropolitan areas, greater Adelaide, and regional South Australia, with some opportunity for approved interstate or International placements. We strongly encourage PSTs to consider a placement in regional South Australia.
All placements and negotiation processes are managed by the PEO team. This ensures PSTs suitability, compliance with placement and initial teacher education program requirements and supports quality system processes. To maintain this quality system, PSTs do not source their own placement.
Careers & Employability Support
Please see here for information about careers and employability support.
Contact the PEO
For Preservice Teachers and University Supervisors
To contact the Professional Experience Office email EDS-PEO@unisa.edu.au or call (08) 8302 6066
Office Hours are 08:30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
For host sites
If you are a host site such as a School, Early Learning and Childcare centre, Department for Education, Catholic Education or an Independent Site:
To contact the Professional Experience Office email email@example.com or call (08) 8302 6066
Rebekah Hudson Team Leader, Professional Experience