Please note: applications for the 2018 Student Ambassador Program have now closed.
Are you interested in promoting the university and developing your communication and leadership skills?
The University of South Australia’s volunteer student ambassador program gives current students the opportunity to represent the university through various events and activities. This experience helps promote the university from a student’s perspective and ambassadors benefit from gaining professional development opportunities. It’s a win/win relationship!
What is the role of a student ambassador?
- Provide potential students and their parents with an insight into university life and study based on their own experiences.
- Encourage, motivate and inspire students to commence, continue and complete their studies successfully.
- Actively participate in open days, information evenings, school visits and other events.
- Meet and help visitors to the university such as parents and students.
- Provide students and parents with information on application and admission processes, UniSA's degrees and student services.
Who can become a student ambassador?
You can become a student ambassador if you are a current UniSA student in your second, third or fourth year of study and have no disciplinary record or are currently not under charges within the University judicial system.
Successful student ambassadors are:
- Excellent communicators
- Friendly and approachable
- Well presented
- Keen to learn
They have a positive but realistic approach to university life and can:
- Work work well in a team
- Positively represent UniSA
Why become a student ambassador?
- Further develop your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Improve your employability – it looks great on your resume!
What are the benefits of being a student ambassador?
Student Ambassadors will be provided with:
- University clothing and merchandise
- The opportunity to participate in divisional and university wide events
- Professional development opportunities such as seminars and training
- A certificate of recognition from the Vice Chancellor
What commitment is required as a student ambassador?
To participate in the Student Ambassador program students must be able to:
How do I apply to be a student ambassador?
Applications for 2018 have now closed.
To register your interest in the Student Ambassador program for 2019, please complete the below form, or alternatively you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may be required to attend a short interview.