Engage with us
We invite scholars, educational institutions, industry, government, non-government and community organisations to work with us to undertake innovative and socially relevant research.
The Social Change Research Group can provide organisations with access to highly skilled academic researchers and research students, with local, national and international expertise.
Our research is strongly applied and our focus is on using our expertise collaboratively with communities to make a difference to our social world. Our experience as leading academics, professional social workers and psychologists has been critical in the development of our research agenda that is innovatively and critically focused on social issues and problems.
The Research Group's work is embedded in an international research network of scholars and organisations. We are at the cutting edge of research about understanding social divisions and exclusions and on social justice and transformations. We collaborate with key organisations and scholars with similar interests.
We engage in collaborative research with a number of key research institutes focused on social change. We have a current Partnership of Agreement with the Institute for the Study of Social Issues, University of California, Berkeley, California. The partnership enables us to engage in collaborative research activities associated with global issues of social concern, arrange staff exchanges and share or jointly hold lectures and symposia.
Partner with us
If you would like to collaborate with us and discuss your research ideas please contact us.
Social Work and Social Science students presenting their work on Policy, Community Impact and Change at Uniting Communities. Pictured above from Left to Right: UniSA Students: Olivia Skelton, Durkhani Wahabzada and Robyn Burton; Associate Professor Lia Bryant (Associate Head of Research, school of Psychology, Social Work & Social Policy); Ms Deirdre Tedmanson (Program Director: Social Sciences, Human Services school of Psychology, Social Work & Social Policy); Professor Kurt Lushington, (Acting Pro Vice Chanceller, Division of EducationArts and Social Sciences, UniSA; Mr Christopher Talbot, (Executive Manager Uniting Communities)
Prospective students, researchers and collaborative partners are encouraged to get in touch. We are always happy to discuss ways in which we can engage with you or your organisation.
Associate Professor Lia Bryant, Group Leader
Social Change Research Group
School of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
St Bernards Road
Magill SA 5072
Telephone: + 618 8302 4262
Facsimile: + 618 8302 4242
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College