Centre for Social Change
“In spite of the apparent acceptance today of the proposition that equity demands that there be equal pay for equal work, I know that statistics show that women generally occupy lower paid jobs than do men, and that equality of opportunity for women has not yet been achieved."
"As women's roles in the workforce increase in number and in variety, their influence in unions should also increase."
Dame Roma Mitchell
From: Closing of Women's Week organised by
the United Trades and Labour Council Friday 23 September 1994
“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.”
“There must exist a paradigm, a practical model for social change that includes an understanding of ways to transform consciousness that are linked to efforts to transform structures.”
“Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice. Like slavery and Apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings.”
Learn more about the Research Group
Take a look at our latest publications.
Read about the exciting range of research projects being worked on.
Get in touch
You can find us at:
p:+61 8 8302 4262
f: +61 8 8302 4242
Engage with us
Collaborate with us and tap into our worldwide research network, highly-skilled academic researchers and talented students.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College