Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
"From excellent basic neuroscience to real world challenges"
The Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience (CCSN) undertakes state-of-the-art research on the human mind, brain and behaviour. Our goal is to advance knowledge on how the brain - with its unique computational hardware-gives rise to the abilities we have as humans, including the capacity to perform complex tasks, memorise large quantities of information, make decisions and communicate via language. We seek to apply the insights we gained from our basic research to improving cognitive health and human performance across the lifespan.
Launched in 2017, the CCSN uses cutting-edge techniques to achieve the highest standards of research. Our research values include:
- Scientific excellence
- Model-oriented research
- Best data practises
- Integrating research and teaching
- Societalimpact/community engagement
The CCSN's research approach is inherently interdisciplinary. We have a broad network of national and international academic collaborators in a range of fields that complement our own expertise, allowing us to tackle complex and signitificant research questions. As well as our academic collaborations, we work with industry and user-end partners from a wide range of fields so that our research can be applied to multiple levels of real world challenges. Our studies are conducted in a range of naturalistic environments involving whole-body action and immersion in augmented reality.
Learn more about us
Take a look at our latest publications.
Read about the exciting range of research projects being worked on.
Get in touch
You can find us at:
P:+61 8 8302 4342
F: +61 8 8302 4377
Engage with us
Collaborate with us and tap into our worldwide research network, highly-skilled academic researchers and talented students.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College