"raising awareness around research commercialisation"
As part of the Division of EASS Talking Research series, the school of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy is hosting the Research Commercialisation workshop. The workshop aims to raise awareness around research commercialisation – what it means and how to get there.
We have brought together a group of speakers from various fields of expertise who will share with us their practical experiences in order to help us to map our own Research Strategies towards commercialisation.
Dr Stephen Rodda, CEO: UniSA Ventures Pty Ltd.
Stephen has a successful track record in Australia, the US and Europe for attracting funding, publications in peer reviewed journals and has personally generated patentable innovations for commercialisation. He has been involved in technology commercialisation at every stage of the process including the implementation of technology development and intellectual property (IP) strategies, capital raisings and has performed executive management roles in early stage companies.
Dr Ross McLennan, Director: Research and Innovation Services
Ross has considerable international experience in setting up successful teams and enterprises in broad fields of research – in particular, in bringing together the expertise and needs of academia, healthcare providers and funding partners
Professor Fiona Arney, Co-Director: Australian Centre for Child Protection
Fiona is Co-Director of a self-funded National Research Centre named the ACCP. She takes a collaborative approach to research and policy support, often supporting organisations to implement action research methods which require ongoing collaboration between researchers and key personnel in the organisation to make real-time, evidence-informed improvements to programs.
Dr Stephanie Agius, Partner Engagement Manager: Division of Education Arts and Social Sciences
Stephanie brings a diverse range of skills and experiences in the areas of business development and relationship management within the higher education sector.
Dr Jeff Holman, Guest Speaker, Partner of Madderns
There will be a Q & A session following the speakers and we welcome any questions for discussion by emailing them to email@example.com.
Friday 6 July 2018
1pm – 4.30pm
C Building, Room C1-34,
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College