Resources for Field Educators
Learning in field education occurs through experiential processes in an organisational context. Field Education is a defined period of time in which students are expected to practice their professional skills outside of the university. Students are supported in their learning through the appointment of a field educator at the placement organisation. In line with the limitations and remit of the organisation, the placement is structured to meet university requirements.
Field education enables students to engage in professional and interpersonal relationships with clients, colleagues and other organisations, and is the place where theory and practice come together. To assist in this process, the university requires students to participate in the organisational learning tasks whilst engaging in university-based Action Learning Sets/tutorials, reflexive exercises and supervision.
Field Supervisor Recognition Program
Supports and acknowledges clinical and field education placement supervisors who regularly supervise students as part of their professional role.
Field Educator Experiences
Watch videos of Field Educators working with schools, agenices and community centres.
Student Edge in Placement Award
This award recognises the performance and attitude of students who have added value to an organisation or agency whilst on placement.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College