Disability awareness training
The following training opportunities are available for staff at UniSA.
Managing Injury and Illness in the Workplace (Managers only)
This training session is offered to all managers and supervisors and explores the dilemmas that arise when managing illness or injury at work in a hypothetical case study. The case study discusses inherent requirements, reasonable adjustments and legislation while balancing the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees with a panel of experienced human resource managers.
Mental Health First Aid Training
This training session aims to equip participants with a general understanding of mental health issues and the capacity to manage a situation where a person is experiencing a mental health episode or crisis, before they access professional help.
Participants will learn the signs and symptoms of these mental health problems; where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College