The Black Dog Institute
The Black Dog Institute is a world leader in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder. The Black Dog Institute is dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by mood disorders through sharing quality translational research, clinical expertise and national education programs.
BeyondBlue is non-profit organisation which aims to increase awareness and improve the treatment of mental health. Beyondblue has useful links to some checklists that are quick, easy and confidential and are designed to help individuals reflect on their mental health.
The DepressioNet website provides information, help and support for people experiencing depression. The website aims to:
- Provide the most comprehensive 24 hour online peer based resource for Information, Help and Support for Australians living with depression.
- Create a safe & secure online organisational environment enabling / empowering people to contribute to the provision of the website and services.
- Provide a formal online training, development & support program to improve the skills, confidence and mental health of Australians.
ReachOut is an non-profit organisation initiative with a mission to help young people lead happier lives. ReachOut provides the following useful information:
- Fact sheets - find expert information on how you can tackle life’s challenges and become mentally fit and resilient.
- Stories - explore stories from other young people who have shared their own experiences, from everyday life through to really tough times.
- Feature stories - check out more in depth investigations into the issues facing young people.
- Forums - chat to other young people about your own experience, and share your approach and ideas for tackling tough times and getting the most out of every day.
- Videos - watch videos that feature stories and interviews from loads of different people.