Placements and field work
Students may require services or adjustments to facilitate their participation on placements or fieldwork.
Any modification to placement or fieldwork should be negotiated with the relevant Course Coordinator, with assistance from the Disability Service if required. Requests should be made well in advance, as some requests may not be granted due to insufficient time to organise adjustments. Adjustments available will vary depending on the learning objectives of the placement.
If you have any concerns about your medical fitness to safely undertake a placement or field trip, you should discuss your concerns with the Course Coordinator or a Disability Adviser in the first instance. In some programs you may need to notify the Professional Registration Board so that your eligibility for student registration can be confirmed.
Adjustments and services may include:
- Changes to days or times of placement; this may allow for shorter days or rest breaks where required
- Venue changes. Some students are placed at specific venues which can cater to needs such as mobility access, geographic location or restricted duties
- Equipment such as ergonomic furniture, electronic stethoscopes, recording devices may be provided to support placement
- Sign language support may be provided, where required, to facilitate placement review meetings.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College