Leave of absence and withdrawal
Students are responsible for managing their enrolment and being aware of all key university dates.
Students should not confuse the census date with the academic withdrawal date (the date set per study period as the final day that a student can withdraw from a course without incurring academic penalty i.e. a recorded fail grade).
See the Academic Year Calendar for census date, withdraw without fail (W) and withdraw fail (WF) dates.
Students who drop a course on or before the census date, will not be charged for that course for that study period. After the census date the grade and fees for the course will apply.
Students who withdraw from a course after the census date may apply for an amendment to enrolment and fees in special circumstances. Read the application form for details of eligibility and application deadlines.
Contact Campus Central for more information.
Leave of Absence
Students can apply to take leave from their program for up to a year. Students whose disability, mental health or medical condition is impacting negatively on their ability to study may choose to apply for leave of absence from their program.
For international students, any leave of absence will impact on the visa arrangements and students will need to contact an International Support Officer to discuss the implications of this.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College