Mount Gambier New Learning Centre
Established in 2005, the Mount Gambier campus is an extension of the University of South Australia and a reflection of an ongoing commitment of over 10 years to the community and has developed strong collaborative partnerships. More than 30 local subcontractors and suppliers were used during the construction phase of the new learning centre creating $4.5 million dollars worth of work for the region.
Students have the opportunity to access flexible study options in foundation studies, nursing, teaching, social work and music through the James Morrison Academy. This new learning centre has now tripled the size of UniSA’s facilities in the region, enabling up to four times as many students to participate in our programs.
Based in the vibrant Limestone Coast, our new Mount Gambier Learning Centre on Wireless Road West is set to enhance education opportunities and university life for regional students. The learning centre includes high technology specialist facilities for a number of programs and has increased the capacity for students to interact via new state-of-the art collaborative learning facilities.
For more information on UniSA's campus projects read the Enterprising Spaces: Campus Projects 2015 - 2018 brochure.
The Mount Gambier Learning Centre was officially opened on 19 April 2016, showcasing some of the most sophisticated facilities for teaching and learning in regional Australia.
New building facilities:
Spanning 2,500m2, this brand new learning centre is a world-class tertiary education facility using high-speed fibre optic infrastructure, which will revolutionise the student learning experience. By upgrading our information and communications technology capacity, our Mount Gambier students are able to access resources at the same rate as metropolitan students.
The building has a range of features including:
- Central sky lit piazza with variety of spaces and furniture for socialising and informal learning
- Collaborative teaching and learning facilities that allow lecturers, tutors and students to instantly display their work on large screens for discussion and debate
- Technology-driven lecture gallery space, which is open to the Mount Gambier community for shared use
- Specialist facilities that promote experiential learning for nursing and birthing (modelled on the new Royal Adelaide Hospital and Mount Gambier Hospital facilities) and social work courses
- Active tutorial spaces providing flexibility for IT and practical based learning.
UniSA Regional Connections project:
The Mount Gambier New Learning Centre is part of UniSA’s $22 million Regional Connections project, which aims to revolutionise the student learning experience and enhance access to higher education programs for regional students across South Australia.UniSA has secured $18 million in total funding from the Federal Government under the Regional Priorities round of the Education Investment Fund, $10.5 million of which has been invested into this new building and $7.5 million for delivery of High Speed Fibre connections to Mount Gambier and Whyalla Campuses.
Building project team:
This new Learning Centre has been developed by a talented project team including Architecture firm Russell & Yelland Architects in association with Guida Moseley Brown Architects and contractor BADGE Constructions (SA) Pty Ltd. During the construction phase, BADGE Constructions awarded more than 30 local subcontractors and suppliers with $4.5 million dollars’ worth of work.
By 2018, UniSA will increase its engagement with local and global industries, enhance its current world-leading, relevant and informed research and produce more highly skilled and innovative graduates.View the brochure
The Great Hall will be a one-stop shop for students and the local community, featuring a sports complex, swimming pool and facilities for graduations, exams, corporate and cultural events.Find out more
UniSA’s Health Innovation Building will be home to the Centre for Cancer Biology, the Science l Creativity l Education Studio (SciCEd) and an ICT Innovation and Collaboration Centre.Find out more
Find out more
Study at Mount Gambier
Discover the programs on offer at Mount Gambier, tailored to the needs of regional students.
Mount Gambier Campus
Established in 2005, the Mount Gambier Campus offers a range of undergraduate degree programs.
Study at UniSA
Discover why the University of South Australia should be the next stepping stone for your career.
Find out more about the experiences on offer outside of the classroom.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College