University of South Australia’s campus blueprint 2015 - 2018
By 2018, UniSA will increase its engagement with local and global industries, enhance its current world-leading, relevant and informed research and produce more highly skilled and innovative graduates. This ambition is outlined in the University’s long term strategic plan, Crossing the Horizon 2013-2018.
Our over $400 million campus blueprint encompasses this ambition – our approach to spaces and facilities is underpinned by our desire to create a community of ideas, solutions and connections and focuses on spaces that support new models of learning.
The objectives of our campus blueprint include:
- Providing an enhanced, student orientated learning experience
- Developing space to engage with society beyond the classroom
- Enhancing research facilities and output
- Providing facilities to further collaborate and connect with community, industry and research partners
- Establishing the platform to create knowledge, which can be applied to solving problems.
View the Enterprising Spaces: Campus Projects 2015 - 2018 brochure.
Campus blueprint updates:
- Mt Gambier New Learning Centre: was launched on 19 April 2016 and provides students with access to high-speed fibre optic infrastructure and technology-driven campus facilities, revolutionising the student learning experience.
- City West campus Health and Medical Clinic: opened on Monday 14 August 2017, this clinic provides staff, students and the public with a unique range of low-cost allied health and GP services. Services include exercise physiology, midwifery, physiotherapy and podiatry, mostly provided by UniSA students under the supervision of highly qualified and experienced health professionals.
- Magill campus education precinct: a future-focused, high-tech Samsung SMARTSchool is planned for launch early 2018.
- Food, beverage and campus store upgrades: Plans are in place to update the food, beverage and campus store offerings on all metropolitan campuses.
UniSA's campus blueprint has seven pillars: