Apply for the Samstag Scholarship
The Samstag Scholarship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity open to Australian visual artists to complete a year-long placement in an international learning institution.
The annual scholarships enable Australian artists to develop their artistic capacities and skills through a dedicated period of practice-based learning.
Each scholarship covers reasonable costs for twelve months overseas, and includes institutional fees for one academic year of study (where applicable), a generous tax-exempt stipend of US $50,000, return airfares, personal travel and medical insurance.
The application process is online. Follow the following steps:
1. Find out if you are eligible:
- All applicants must be either Australian citizens or have permanent resident status in Australia, and be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be either: a student, currently enrolled in a practice-led visual arts program, having successfully completed at least two years of an undergraduate or post-graduate degree; OR a graduate, of not more than five years standing by the date when applications close, of a practice-led visual art undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification at an Australian institution of higher education.
2. Carefully read the 2020 Guidelines, FAQs, and information on Researching Overseas Study:
3. Download and complete Section G and Section H documents prior to completing the online application form:
4. Applicants including still images in their submission need to also download the PowerPoint template:
5. Apply! Complete and submit the online application form prior to midnight Tuesday 30 July 2019 (Australian Eastern Standard Time):
Applications for the 2020 Samstag Scholarships have closed