Applications for the 2020 Samstag Scholarships
close at midnight, Tuesday 30 July 2019
The Samstag Scholarship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity open to Australian visual artists to complete a year-long placement in an international learning institution.
The annual scholarships enable Australian artists to develop their artistic capacities and skills through a dedicated period of practice-based learning.
Each scholarship covers reasonable costs for twelve months overseas, and includes institutional fees for one academic year of study (where applicable), a generous tax-exempt stipend of US $50,000, return airfares, personal travel and medical insurance.
The application process is online.
1. Find out if you are eligible:
- All applicants must be either Australian citizens or have permanent resident status in Australia, and be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be either: a student, currently enrolled in a practice-led visual arts program, having successfully completed at least two years of an undergraduate or post-graduate degree; OR a graduate, of not more than five years standing by the date when applications close, of a practice-led visual art undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification at an Australian institution of higher education.
2. Carefully read the 2020 Guidelines, FAQs, and information on Researching Overseas Study:
2020 Guidelines for Applicants
4. Applicants including still images in their submission need to also download the PowerPoint template:
5. Apply! Complete and submit the online application form prior to midnight Tuesday 30 July 2019 (Australian Eastern Standard Time):
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Staff assistance with applications can be provided prior to close of business Thursday 25 July 2019 by contacting either firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 08 8302 0865