Apply for the Scholarship
The University of South Australia offers the Samstag Scholarship on behalf of the Trustee of the estate of Gordon Samstag, late of Naples, Florida USA.
Each scholarship is intended to cover the reasonable costs for a period of twelve months overseas, and includes institutional fees for one academic year (where applicable), a tax-exempt stipend of US $48,000 plus return airfares, personal travel and medical insurance.
ARE YOU OUR 2019 SAMSTAG SCHOLAR?
Applications for 2019 Samstag Scholarships have CLOSED.
Watch this space for the announcement of our recipients!
The application process is online. Be ready for next year by reading up on how to apply.
1. Find out if you are eligible:
- All applicants must be either Australian citizens or have permanent resident status in Australia, and be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be either: a student, currently enrolled in a practice-led visual arts program, having successfully completed at least two years of an undergraduate or post-graduate degree; OR a graduate, of not more than five years standing by the date when applications close, of a practice-led visual art undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification at an Australian institution of higher education.
2. Carefully read the 2019 Guidelines, FAQs, and information on Researching Overseas Study:
2019 Guidelines for Applicants
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Researching Overseas Study
3. Download and complete Section G and Section H documents prior to completing the online application form:
Section G: Applicant's Statement
Section H: Visual Documentation
4. Applicants including still images in their submission need to also download the PowerPoint template:
5. Apply! Complete and submit the online application form prior to 30 June 2018 (Australian Eastern Standard Time):
Online application form
Staff assistance with applications can be provided prior to close of business Thursday 28 June 2018 by contacting either firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 08 8302 0870