What's on your plate?
Political forum on
Podcast available HERE (mp3 format 26MB)
An election forum on party food policies and plans. Candidates will each present their party's policies on this topic, followed by a panel discussion and audience questions. Information on premium food and wine from our clean environment - one of the seven Strategic Priorities for SA.
MC: Catherine Zengerer, host of national current affairs program, The Wire at Radio Adelaide. More
The Hon. Gail Gago MLC, Minister for Agriculture, Food and Fisheries
Gail was first elected to the South Australian Parliament in 2002, and has served as Minister for Agriculture, Food and Fisheries since 2011. Her background includes working with the Australian Nursing Federation (ANF), where she was an active leader in health and industrial relations.
The Hon. Mark Parnell MLC, Parliamentary Leader of the SA Greens
Mark was the first member of the Australian Greens to be elected to the South Australian Parliament (2006). In Parliament, Mark has been a consistent advocate for a sustainable environment. His portfolio responsibilities include Agriculture, Food and Fisheries, since March 2006
The Hon. David Ridgway MLC, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, Primary Industries and the Environment
David grew up in the small South-East community of Wolseley and ran his family farm where he learnt about growing and running a successful business. He joined the Liberal Party and was elected to the party’s powerful state council. David won a seat in the State’s upper house, the Legislative Council, in 2002 and is now Opposition Leader in that chamber.
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: strengthening our democracy - valuing our diversity - and building our future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College