Meet the Author: Clementine Ford
In Conversation with Lou Heinrich
Allan Scott Auditorium, Hawke building, UniSA City West campus
Podcast available HERE
Clementine Ford is a Melbourne based writer, speaker and columnist for
The Age and Sydney Morning Herald. This event serves as a launch of her incendiary debut Fight Like a Girl. Clementine is an online sensation, fearless feminist heroine and scourge of misogynists everywhere and Fight Like a Girl is an essential manifesto that exposes just how unequal the world continues to be for women.
In it she shares her personal stories of anxiety, anorexia, her birth as a feminist and fearlessly takes on a world of internet trolls and hate mail. Fight like a Girl will make readers laugh, cry, scream and, above all, will make them demand a world in which women have real equality.
Join us to hear Clementine discuss her book in conversation with Lou Heinrich. Lou Heinrich is a bibliophile who writes about pop culture and women.
Books sales from 6.00pm and book signing post presentation.
Clementine Ford Twitter: @
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre and Matilda Bookshop
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: strengthening our democracy - valuing our diversity - and building our future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College