Creative Learning Initiative
Examining Creative Learning and Community
With Dr Brent Hasty, Director of ‘MINDPOP’
Podcast available HERE (23MB mp3 format).
With the demand for innovation and creative thinkers at an all-time high, leaders in education are responding in interesting ways. Dr Hasty will examine how a systemic effort in Austin, Texas is changing the way Educators, Artists and the community are approaching instruction of young people. Using the Creative Learning Initiative as a model, Dr Hasty will detail some of the exciting impacts on students revealed in the research and share some of the unrealised hopes of the initiative.
Dr Brent Hasty is the Executive Director of MINDPOP, a solutions-based organisation in Austin, Texas ensuring each and every child benefits from creative learning. MINDPOP is the managing partner of the Creative learning Initiative, an innovative citywide collaboration providing equitable access of the arts and creative learning through increased access to arts learning, professional development for teachers, campus planning and the integration of community-based arts organisations. Brent is also a former High School teacher and Clinical Assistant Professor at The University of Texas at Austin in the College of Education.
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre and Carclew and supported by the Adelaide City Council and the School of Education, UniSA
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: strengthening our democracy - valuing our diversity - and building our future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College