Explore the Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Library
The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Library invites visitors to explore the rich and varied collection of items relating to Mr Hawke’s life and career in politics. The Collection provides researchers with an invaluable resource for both political and social research from the Hawke era.
At the end of 2018 the Library acquired new material directly from Mr Hawke’s Sydney office. This new acquisition reflects a fascinating period of Australian history as well as a plethora of events, meetings and presentations attended by Mr Hawke. Items of note include gifts (including a golf club from George HW Bush), Olympic memorabilia for the Sydney 2000 and Seoul 1988 Olympic games, portraits and caricatures, campaign posters and memorabilia as well as signed cricket bats from the PM’s XI games from 1986-1988.
When you visit the Library, you will notice a digital display in the foyer highlighting Mr Hawke’s achievements as Australia’s Prime Minister from 1983-1991. On entry, books that were presented to Mr Hawke for his private collection are now on display; these were given to him over several decades. The books contain signatures and inscriptions from many of the donors and the authors.
Search the Bob Hawke Collection online to explore the breadth of resources available.
To arrange an appointment to view items on display or conduct research at the Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Library contact Ask the Library.
TOP (Left and Right), Gifts presented to Mr Hawke, and (Middle) Books that were presented to Mr Hawke for his private collection, that are now on display; these were given to him over several decades.
BOTTOM (Left), Inscription on the bottom of a golf club presented to Mr Hawke from George HW Bush (Right) A gift presented to Mr Hawke
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College