Queen's Birthday honours 2016
Officer of the Order of Australia (AO)
Nyunggai Warren Mundine AO, Associate Diploma in Community Development,. For distinguished service to the community as a leader in Indigenous affairs and advocate for enhancing economic and social public policy outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Straits Islander people.
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
Associate Professor Kaye Challinger AM, Graduate Diploma Business (Health Service Management)
For significant service to medical administration, to the advancement of nurse education, and to quality health care delivery.
Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
Rev Dr John Cohen OAM, Master of Arts (Religion Studies)
For service to children's literature, and to the community.
Jonathon Ferguson OAM, Graduate Diploma in Education (Educational Computing)
For service to the Uniting Church in Australia, and to the community.
Mallika Prasad-Chowta OAM, MBA, Graduate Diploma in Arts Administration and Bachelor of Education (Home Economics)
For service to the multicultural community in South Australia.
Michael Sachsse OAM, Advanced Diploma in Teaching
For service to the community of South Australia, and to vocational education.
Nadine Williams OAM, Bachelor of Journalism
For service to the print media in South Australia
Public Service Medal (PSM)
Mario Barone PSM, Bachelor of Arts (Planning) and Diploma of Technology in Planning
Public Service Medal for outstanding public service to local government in South Australia through the provision of leadership and strategic planning.
Australian Police Medal (APM)
Superintendent Mark Fairney APM, Graduate Certificate in Management
Police Service Medal for service to the South Australia Police (SAPOL).
Australian Fire Service Medal (AFSM)
Ian Tanner AFSM, Associate Diploma in Applied Science (Wildlife and Park Management)
Australian Fire Service Medal for service to SA Country Fire Service.
Past Queen's Birthday honours
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College