Queen's Birthday honours 2013
Officer of the Order of Australia (AO)
Dr Fiona Hall AO DUniv, Honorary Doctor of UniSA
AO for distinguished service to the visual arts as a painter, sculptor and photographer.
Barbara Wieland AO, Master of Nursing (Advanced Practice)
AO for distinguished service to public administration in, and to the community of, South Australia through the delivery and reform of mental health services.
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
Dr Martin Dooland AM, Masters of Business Administration and Graduate Diploma in Health Administration
AM for significant service to public dental health.
Professor Peter Leggat AM, PhD in Health Sciences
AM for significant service to medicine as a specialist in the fields of tropical and travel medicine.
Conspicuous Service Cross (CSC)
Paul Gormley CSC, Bachelor of Applied Science (Civil Aviation)
CSC for outstanding achievement in the leadership, development and sustainment of the AP-3C Orion Operational Mission Simulator.
Public Service Medal (PSM)
Gregory Parker PSM, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
PSM for outstanding public service in the provision of legal and industrial advice.
Australian Police Medal (APM)
Assistant Commissioner Paul Dickson APM, Graduate Certificate in Management and Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Development)
APM for Contribution to the South Australian Police through outstanding leadership and management of
Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
Beverly Bills OAM, Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) and Associate Diploma in Textiles
OAM for service to the visual and textile arts.
Jennifer Chapman OAM, Graduate Diploma in Arts (Music)
OAM for service to music as an educator and musical director.
Rosa Colanero OAM, Diploma of Teaching
OAM for service to the community as an advocate for women and multiculturalism.
John Rix OAM, Master of Business Administration and Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
OAM for service to the community of the Riverland region.
Gordon Samuel OAM, Associate Diploma in Accountancy and Diploma in Accountancy
OAM for service to the Lutheran Church through a range of administrative roles.
Dr Pamela Schulz OAM, Doctor of Communication; Master of Education Studies; Bachelor of Arts (Communication Studies); and Graduate Diploma in Women's Studies
OAM for service to public relations, and to the community.
Past Queen's Birthday honours
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College