Queen's Birthday honours 2015
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
Dianne Davidson AM, Graduate Diploma of Business Administration 1979
For significant service to the wine making industry, to horticultural management. Ms Davidson is Deputy Chancellor of the University of Adelaide and Founder and Managing Director, Davidson Viticulture Consulting Services and Davidson Vineyard Management.
Margaret Springgay AM, Graduate Diploma of Business in Health Service Management 1988, Graduate Diploma of Social Science (Health Counselling) 1986
For significant service to community health, particularly through leadership and advocacy roles in the area of mental health services. Ms Springgay has been Deputy Carer Co-Chair of the National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum since and is former Executive Director, Mental Illness Fellowship Australia.
Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
Steven Kaesler OAM, Associate Diploma in Civil Engineering 1990
For service to community music through a range of roles. Mr Kaesler is Manager Engineering Services, The Barossa Council.
Anne McGovern OAM, Bachelor of Nursing 2005
For service to the Indigenous communities of Mintabie and Mimili.
Public Service Medal (PSM)
Philip Fagan-Schmidt PSM, Bachelor of Social Work 1984
For outstanding public service in the area of social housing policy and practice. Mr Fagan-Schmidt is Executive Director, Housing SA.
Jane Lemon PSM, Master of Education (Early Childhood Education) 2009
For outstanding public service to public, education, children and families in SA. Ms Lemon is Manager Family Learning, Department for Education and Child Development.
Australian Police Medal (APM)
Detective Senior Sergeant First Class Barry Blundell APM, Bachelor of Business (Management Information Systems) 2000 and a Doctor of IT candidate UniSA.
For services to policing. Has been an investigator in general and specialist crime areas, including as Officer in Charge of Electronic Crime Section and 10 years on child abuse investigation. Detective Senior Sergeant Blundell is Officer in Charge of the Electronic Crime Section, South Australian Police.
Emergency Service Medal (ESM)
Mr John Lawrence ESM, Graduate Certificate Commerce, and MBA.
For his services as a volunteer for South Australian State Emergency Service. Mr Lawrence is Senior Mechanical Engineer, GPA Engineering.
Past Queen's Birthday honours
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College