Welcome to the China Alumni Chapter
The University of South Australia announced the establishment of the China Alumni Chapter in late 2014 in Beijing. The Chapter will serve as a platform for UniSA alumni to network and create opportunities for business and social development.
University of South Australia alumni living in China have access to a range of services to help keep graduates connected to the networks and resources of the University. We also inform you about opportunities and activities for professional, personal and career development.
To receive information about future events and opportunities in China, we encourage you to update your details and stay connected to the Alumni Network.
Beijing Alumni Dinner, 23 November 2018
Beijing alumni and guests from UniSA's Hong Kong Alumni Chapter gathered at the Sen5es restaurant in the Westin Beijing Chaoyang for dinner on Friday 23 November. Hosted by Ms Deborah Heithersay, Director of Advancement at the University of South Australia, special guests included Mr Cong Hongquan, Director of External Affairs Department of the Western Returned Scholars Association (WRSA), and Mr Song Shunan, Deputy Director of Administration at WRSA, along with UniSA China Chapter President, Mr Qiao Luqiang.
Australia China Alumni Association (ACAA)
The University is a gold member of the Australia China Alumni Association (ACAA), which serves alumni from Australian universities living in China. We encourage you to join the ACAA and participate in their events. Membership is free but you can upgrade to premium membership for 150 RMB per year and will entitle you to a range of benefits, including discounted entry to ACAA regular events. Join the ACAA.
Australia China Alumni Association & TOEFL® - 2018 Australia China Alumni Awards
Pictured L to R: Qiao Luqiang, Michele Wong, Prof Albert Chan, Ken Ip, Dr Edward Lam, Pauline Wong, Deborah Heithersay, Laurens Tan, Jane Russell, Dr Leo Yeung and Dr Raymond Yeung.
UniSA alumni finalists joined staff and Chapter representatives at the tenth Australia China Alumni Association Awards gala dinner in Beijing on 24 November 2018. For full list of winners and finalists visit ACAA Website. View the ACAA Awards Photo gallery.
UniSA's eight finalists were:
Professor Albert Chan, Chair/ Professor of Construction Engineering & Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, finalist Research and Science
Ken Ip, Head of Communications, Leigh & Orange, AIDE Young Australia China Alumni of the Year Award
Malcolm Lai, Managing Director, Baring Private Equity Asia, finalist KINGOLD Award for Corporate Achievement
Dr Laurens Tan, Visual Artist and Designer, finalist KEJIA Award for Arts and Creative Industries
Pauline Wong, CEO, Million Rank (HK) Limited, finalist Australian Ambassador’s Award for Women in Leadership
Dr Leo Yeung, CEO, Cashmere Song Fashion Group, finalist KEJIA Award for Arts and Creative Industries
Dr Raymond Yeung, General Manager, Athenex (Hong Kong), finalist Research and Science
Egidio Zarrella, Clients and Innovation Partner, China , KPMG Advisory (Hong Kong), finalist Banking & Finance
Connect with us
Stay in touch via WeChat at UniSAAlumni1 or scan the QR code above.
Join the UniSA Alumni Linkedin Group.
> Visit LinkedIn
Update your details if you have moved or apply for a Network Card.
> Stay connected
Read about the events your chapter has been involved in.
> View events
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College