I’m now 16 Months into the role of Vice Chancellor and our ongoing achievements as a dynamic, relevant university and our huge potential for the future continues to inspire me on a daily basis. Getting to grips with communicating not only our successes, but our challenges posed a challenge in itself however. Emails take you so far and town halls don’t always provide the inclusion you might want, and I did think that it would be helpful to create a means for the whole university to be informed and to provide a forum for open dialogue and shared purpose. We can’t have a perpetual Unijam, but in the spirit of that wonderful experiment (has it really been almost a year??) I’ve decided to put together this site – to provide detail for everyone – on ‘The Big Picture’.
I intend that this site will complement our other formal communication channels and of course, the day to day interaction, camaraderie and chat that pervades UniSA on all levels. Through The Big Picture, I hope that our whole community gains a greater and current appreciation of what is going on, how it fits together and how our activities connect and reinforce each other at a whole of enterprise level. I’d like the site to evolve over time, with key issues brought to the top, and discussion boards on the topics below maintained – openly and honestly! The way we’ve set it up allows comments and discussion – to which I’ll happily add and respond – indeed, anyone in the institution can. Let’s keep it positive and constructive and learn from each other as we work to our common goals. However, any typos and all opinions in this first posting are entirely my own and I hope that you find it informative and relevant.
Through The Big Picture, I hope that our whole community gains a greater and current appreciation of what is going on, how it fits together and how our activities connect and reinforce each other at a whole of enterprise level.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College