UniSA’s vision, detailed in Horizon 2020, is that it will be a leading contributor to Australia having the best higher education system in the world, supporting the world’s best educated and most innovative, cohesive and sustainable society.
It is our aim that in 2020, UniSA will be defined by its:
- Outstanding learning outcomes and the quality and richness of the student experience
- Graduates' readiness for work, their adaptability, and their contribution as globally capable professionals
- Commitment to equity and excellence, reinforcing each other in an environment characterised by uncompromising high standards
- Strong nexus between teaching and research
- World-class research clusters, and an exciting, research-intensive culture
- Innovative solutions to social, economic, political and technological challenges
- Considerable and creative contribution to the prosperity and well-being of the nation
- Agility and adaptability in building and maintaining productive partnerships with industry, business and the community
- High-performing staff and prestigious national and international partners
- Enduring and mutually beneficial relationships with its global alumni
- Strong sense of collective purpose.
UniSA educates professionals and citizens to the highest standards; creates and disseminates knowledge; and engages with our communities to address the major issues of our time.
UniSA promotes and sustains open intellectual enquiry characterised by high standards of ethics and integrity. academic rigour, excellence and relevance underpin our actions in research and its application, in teaching and learning and in engagement with our communities.
UniSA’s teaching and research connect strongly with the issues of our local, national and international stakeholders—students, alumni, staff, partners, professions, government, industry, academic peers and community groups.
UniSA gives effect to reconciliation with indigenous australians and builds social cohesion by achieving equitable educational access and outcomes across our diverse student community, through research that aims to improve the quality of life and by acting responsibly as a corporate citizen.
UniSA contributes to environmentally, economically, socially and culturally sustainable development, and we work on reducing our own environmental impact.
UniSA anticipates change and acts quickly to seize opportunities and solve problems.
UniSA is outward looking, welcoming diversity and the wide range of perspectives it brings, international in outlook, collaborative, creative, agile and enterprising.