Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
The Research Centre for Languages and Cultures explores the intercultural exchange of meaning in our diverse, internationalised and interconnected world.
Our research investigates the key areas of:
- Languages and cultures in education
- Linguistic diversity in international education
- Language and culture in the professions
- Social and political contexts of languages and cultures
- Language structures and use
Our researchers bring together expertise in linguistics, languages and learning at all levels and, more broadly, languages and cultures in a range of professional contexts including education, health and aged care. We invite you to consider how you might study or research at the centre.
Collaborative research and consultancy
The centre conducts high quality, high impact research and consultancy with an emphasis on the application of knowledge in collaboration with government, industry, commerce, the professions and community groups. Find out how you can tap into our areas of expertise.
Learn more about the Centre for Languages and Cultures
Research with us
Get in touch to discuss your research ideas and explore PhD pathways.
UniSA Magill Campus,
P: +61 8 8302 4654
F: +61 8 8302 4396
Research and consultancy services
Engage us to conduct collaborative, high quality and high impact research and consultancy.
Read about the exciting range of research projects being worked on at the centre.
Southern Multilingualisms and Diversity Consortium
> Read More
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College