Transforming Ideas into Successful Startups
Venture Catalyst is an initiative of the South Australian Government and UniSA encouraging student entrepreneurship and the creation of local startups by providing funding for early-stage ventures founded by UniSA students and recent graduates.
Venture Catalyst is an initiative offered under the Innovation & Collaboration Centre.
Current UniSA students and recent graduates and their teams may apply for up to $50,000 seed funding to further develop a product, service or process and take it to market.
Successful companies will also receive mentoring, support and working space in the Innovation and Collaboration Centre.
Venture Catalyst will hold two selection rounds annually.
- 1. Venture Catalyst applications are now open. Application instructions are detailed in the Application Form Refer to the Application Guidelines for further information on applying.
- Venture Catalyst applications close Friday, 15 April 2016. If your application is shortlisted, you will need to be prepared to pitch in front of an external assessment panel in Adelaide, potentially on short notice. Note that being invited to pitch does not guarantee the approval of any funding.
- Shortlisted applicants will pitch their product, service, or process to an independent assessed panel. You will have approximately five minutes to deliver your presentation, followed by questions and feedback from the panel.
- The steering committee will endeavour to notify you of the outcome of your pitch as soon as possible. Decisions of the Assessment Panel are final.
- Funding agreements will be signed with successful projects and startups. Planning and work commences.
Eligibility Criteria for Seed Funding
- Project teams must include at least one current student or recent graduate (12 months from date of graduation) from UniSA.
- Applications must be proposing the idea for a startup, which Venture Catalyst defines as a product, service, or process that is both innovative and scalable.
- The business proposed must benefit South Australia’s economic development.
- Applicants must own the IP or have the option to acquire it.
| Applications open
|| Now open
| Information Session
|| Friday, 18 March 2016
| Applications close
||Friday, 15 April 2016
| Pitch Day
This is a great opportunity for students to develop their entrepreneurial skills and make an impact in South Australia through new commercial ventures.
Further information is available from Jasmine Vreugdenburg .