School Excursions Group Bookings Special Occasions
Come to UniSA’s Adelaide Planetarium at Mawson Lakes and learn all about the constellations, stars and planets from the comfort of your own armchair. *Approximately 16 kms north of the CBD (35 minute drive).
Stargazing Live World Record Attempt - Wednesday 23 May 2018
Join us - UniSA/Adelaide Planetarium for an evening of fun and excitement as we try to break a Guinness World Record for most people stargazing across multiple venues! This free community event will include a live screening of Stargazing Live with Brian Cox. Purchase a telescope when you register, or BYO telescopes or binoculars.
*Gold coin donation* money raised will go towards purchasing new lamps for the Planetarium projection system.
Pre-register by visiting the link - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/unisa-adelaide-planetarium-star-party-tickets-45422404635
- Event Starts at 6.30pm - Registration and telescope collection
- Stargazing Live screening - from 7.30pm - 8.30pm
- Event concludes - approx 7.30pm
On at the Planetarium
Plenty is on all year round at the Planetarium. Whether you are a school group, a family or an astronomy buff, we have something to interest you.
- Night Sky: Journey into outer space with a highly qualified guide. Find out more about the solar system, stars and constellations, including indigenous and traditional star lore and mythology. Presentations are 50 minutes to an hour.
- Movies: We currently have six exciting movies to choose from. Sessions can combine a movie and a presentation.
- Short courses: The Planetarium offers a range of special courses for those with an interest in astronomy. Courses range from beginner to advanced.
- Special events: Keep an eye out for special events throughout the year, including at festival time.
Shows and courses are by appointment, except for advertised public sessions. Contact us today.
Parking note: If you are visiting the Planetarium during a weekday please note that the ML6 car park is a Staff Car Park for permit holders only until 6pm. To avoid a parking fine, please park on University Boulevard, using the parking ticket facilities located out the front of the MM building.