Become an expert in Big Data with flexible study options
The incomprehensible volume of data generated from new advances in technologies and systems such as mobile phone interactions, social media sites, online searches, and the Internet of Things has brought about the new and exciting area of Big Data.
There is currently a shortage of data scientists globally and companies lack the talent they need to analyse big data and use it to make informed business decisions (McKinsey Global Institute). In Australia, data scientists are in high demand and those with the skills to understand both data and business can earn salaries of above $200,000 (news.com.au).
The University of South Australia is now offering flexible postgraduate programs in data science, including a Master of Data Science, Graduate Diploma in Data Science and a Graduate Certificate in Data Science.
Key features of our Master of Data Science include:
- Flexible delivery options, including online and face-to-face learning.
- Designed in conjunction with industry, including the Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia and SAS.
- Provides graduates with the analytical and technical skills to effectively extract useful information from Big Data to support the management and operations of an organisation.
- Learn software tools used in the industry and work on industry sourced analytics projects.
- Professional development and built in opportunities to work on analytics projects sourced from industry.
Flexible program structure
Not sure if Master of Data Science is for you? You can start with the first four courses and earn the Graduate Certificate in Data Science, then continue to higher qualifications. Whether you secure a place in the Graduate Diploma or the Master program directly or through the Graduate Certificate, the time investment is the same thanks to the nested structure of the programs.