As the largest university in South Australia, we meet the defence industries’ needs to develop and transform Australia’s future workforce, including providing a full range of Bachelor, Master and PhD degree programs in:
- Military systems integration
- Industrial design
- Data analytics
- Complex project management
- Material sciences
- Autonomous systems
- Communications and signal processing
- Artificial intelligence
- Leadership and management development
- Executive education
Study Military Systems Integration at UniSA
Our flagship Master of Engineering (Military Systems Integration) has educated generations of defence sector professionals, and our partnership with University College London will increase our capacity for defence education and training through their acknowledged world leading strengths in Naval Architecture and Maritime Engineering.
- Undertake advanced study in a centre of excellence in defence-related research and education.
- Flexible blended learning coupled with ‘state of the art’ e-learning technology.
- Designed for full-time defence industry employees to study around work commitments without relocating to Adelaide.
An important feature of our Master of Engineering (Military Systems Integration) is the high level of flexibly we’ve built into this qualification. Courses and modules are designed to provide the maximum amount of flexibility, freeing students geographical and time constraints.
At the conclusion of the program, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to:
- Apply systems engineering coursework in a realistic/applied environment;
- Transform user needs into a quality engineering solution/design;
- Formulate a complex ‘systems of systems’ military integration problem;
- Evaluate systems and systems-of-systems interactions;
- Evaluate competing design concepts systematically;
- Identify capabilities and limitations of military systems in diverse engineering settings; and
- Analyse how integrated systems can fail, assess likelihood of failure, and devise mitigation strategies against risk and failure.
Learn more about the Master of Engineering (Military Systems Integration)’s course structure.
Work Integrated Program
We also offer distinctive Work Integrated Learning programs that emphasise design, leadership and business skills, successfully placing a number of UniSA students into Defence internships, placements, and project scholarship programs in engineering, ICT, maths and physics, in such organisations as the Department of State Development and the Department of Defence.
Our Research Expertise
Our expertise is informed by our specialised research strengths and partnerships with the defence industries sector including in its Defence and Systems Institute (Australia’s largest provider of consultancy, research, and education in defence-related systems engineering, systems integration and information assurance); Future Industries Institute; Institute for Telecommunications Research; Advanced Computing Centre; and Data Analytics Group.
Find out more
Are you an Australian Defence Force employee?
The University of South Australia welcomes both defence force personnel and reservists to its undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Tailored courses, support and credit are available.
UniSA has a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs, for which credit arrangements exist for students who hold qualifications from the Australian Defence Force. Once accepted into their program of choice, students are required to submit an Application for Credit which will be assessed by the Program Director.
To discuss your application and the possibility of credit and flexible study arrangements contact the Future Student Enquires team.
SA’s No.1 for Engineering research in ERA 2015*
*The only university in SA to have all of its assessed Engineering research rated well above world class, ranked 5 in Engineering in both the 2-digit and 4-digit FOR codes according to Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) 2015.
Master of Engineering (Military Systems Integration)
Military Systems Integration (MSI) is a broad engineering discipline that integrates the fields of engineering, systems thinking, systems engineering, management, project planning. MSI is primarily concerned with the creation of complex defence systems to meet the capability needs of the Australian Defence Force
Find out more
NEW - Saab Australia-UniSA Defence Technologies Institute
The new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between UniSA, Australia’s university of enterprise and leading defence system company Saab will focus on collaborative research and teaching opportunities in the South Australian defence sector.
Find out more