Credit for your study
Your Vocational Education Training (VET) qualifications, higher education qualifications or work/life experience may do more than gain you admission to your UniSA degree. If you gain a place in a relevant UniSA program, you may also be eligible to receive a credit transfer for your previous study and work experience, normally reducing the time it takes to complete your degree.
What is credit transfer?
Credit transfer is the formal recognition of prior learning and previous work/life experience and can be granted for specific courses or for a block of courses in your degree where your previous qualification contains equivalent learning. You are not required to complete courses for which you have received a credit transfer.
Prior learning may be from:
- a recognised higher education provider
- a TAFE or other Vocational Education Training (VET) provider
- a professional body, enterprise, private educational institution, or other similar body
- work experience
How much credit will I receive?
To see our pre-approved credit transfer agreements with other institutions, visit our online credit assessor. Select your year of study, institution and qualification to see how much credit you could receive. Credit transfer is available for many UniSA degrees, so you may still be eligible for credit transfer if your previous institution or award details are not listed in the credit assessor.
Credit transfer for unrelated qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We also have an arrangement with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) to grant credit towards most UniSA undergraduate degrees for a completed certificate IV, diploma or advanced diploma from the ADF.
Further information can be found in the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy.
How do I apply for credit transfer?
A final decision on the amount of credit you receive will be made once you have formally applied for credit transfer after you are accepted into a degree. After you receive your new student email and login details, visit Campus Central with your credit assessor results to submit your formal application for credit transfer.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College