Value of Grants
The value of a University of South Australia Study Grant is $2,000 a year (based on a full-time load) for each year of a student's program up to the maximum duration*.
*Duration of Grants
The maximum duration for which students may receive a University of South Australia Study Grant is 4 years full-time or part-time equivalent, or the length of the full-time program, whichever is the shorter, excluding any periods of leave.
The grant is paid twice a year by bank transfer to the grant holder, and is subject to the student satisfying ongoing eligibility requirements for their respective grant for each semester.
The two payment times are:
- by May each year, following the census date for Study Period 2 (31 March), and subsequent processing of eligibility and banking details; and
- by October each year, following the census date for Study Period 5 (31 August), and subsequent processing of eligibility and banking details.
Please note that the maximum payment for each scholarship period is $1,000 (based on a full-time load). Additional load from previous scholarship periods (half years) will not be carried forward. Load is calculated after the nominated study period census dates and will determine payment amounts for each scholarship period (half year).
Payments are calculated according to study load each scholarship period (half year):
- students with full-time study load will receive $1,000 per scholarship period
- students with full-time equivalent study load of 75% (13.5 units or more per half year) will receive $1,000 per scholarship period
- students with part-time study load of 50% (9 units per half year) will receive $500 per scholarship period
- students with less than 50% study load are not eligible (in exceptional circumstances students with less that 50% load may be deemed eligible, for example, students with a disability or significant carer responsibilities)
- students in exceptional circumstances with less than 50% study load, will receive $500 per scholarship period
The grant holder may take periods of leave in accordance with University's Enrolment Policy (A48). Grant payments will be deferred for such periods of leave.
The grant holder's University of South Australia Study Grant will be terminated:
- if the grant holder ceases to meet all eligibility requirements, other than during a period in which the grant holder is on approved leave; or
- once the full value of the grant has been paid in respect of the final year of a UniSA Study Grant
- if the grant holder has completed the requirements of a program of study equivalent to an Australian bachelor's or higher level award; or
- if the grant holder does not resume study at the conclusion of a period of leave; or
- if the grant holder's enrolment is cancelled for any reason; or
- if the grant holder is found to have given false or misleading information relating to their eligibility (this is considered a serious offence under the Criminal Code).
All information provided by applicants will be treated as confidential, according to University Policy A.46, Confidentiality of Students' Personal Information. Your personal information can only be released in special circumstances, where the law requires, or where you give permission.
Application information for unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed 60 days after the scholarships are awarded for the year.
Grievances will be resolved in accordance with University policy C17.2, Policy and Procedures for the Resolution of Student Grievances, and must be made within twenty (20) working days of receiving notification of the outcome of the selection process.