How to Apply
The University of South Australia Scholarship for Student Leadership is available for students who are interested in undertaking specified activities with the aim of enhancing the overall student experience at UniSA. Students who are successful will have a unique opportunity to contribute to UniSA's mission to provide an outstanding student experience and develop excellent employability and leadership skills.
Successful recipients will assist the Student Life team to communicate activities to the student body and/or provide support to the delivery of Student Life events. Example activities related to this scholarship include:
- Contributing to student communications plans for student events and services;
- Producing social media content;
- Developing a range of digital and print collateral;
- Writing and editing communications and distributing promotional materials on campus;
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of a range of student events and activities;
- Provide assistance to Student Engagement Officers in the delivery of events across all campuses.
It is expected that successful students will have an interest in gaining experience in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or event management. Applicants should address the following criteria in their application:
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work autonomously;
- A level of passion for enhancing the student experience at UniSA and a willingness to be a leader in achieving this goal;
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of customer service;
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 hours a week during Study Period 5;
- Previous experience in planning, promoting and delivering event or;
- Experience in creating print and online marketing and communications materials;
- A willingness to challenge yourself and develop your leadership skills.
Value: $7000 for a full year (or pro-rata equivalent). Student will be expected to average 10 hours per week completing student life tasks during study periods.
Please note that scholarship recipients enrolled full time at the University are likely to receive this scholarship exempt from tax. Part time students are not able to access this tax concession. UniSA cannot advise the tax implications of receiving this scholarship, and successful applicants should seek personal taxation advice. The Australian Taxation Office provides some guidance through a Scholarship Decision Tool. To access their website - click here
For more information about the application process, please contact:
UniSA Scholarships Office
Tel: 08 8302 1697
For more information about the specified activities, please contact:
Scott Jones, Manager: Student Life. (08) 8302 0619
Students are eligible to apply for a University of South Australia Scholarship for Student Leaders if they meet all the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia, or International Student Visa holder
- enrolled internally in an undergraduate program or postgraduate program at UniSA
- commencing or continuing student
- full-time or part-time study load
- available to participate in UniSA activities to an average of 10hrs/week, possibly outside normal business hours, during the academic year
Applicants will be required to provide a cover letter, resume including names and contact details of two referees, and a 500-word response to the question:
- Why are you committed to improving the student experience and UniSA and what specific skills and experience do you have that will contribute to this goal?
Short-listed applicants will be invited to participate in a group interview.
Successful recipients will be subject to six monthly review based on the active participation in university activities. This review will be completed by the Student Experience team in conjunction with the Student Experience Support Officers.
How to Apply
The University of South Australia Scholarship for Student Leadership will be open for online application once a year. Applications can be lodged via my Scholarships in the student portal.
myScholarships can be accessed by:
Please note: Scholarships and Grants are subject to change and are awarded based on conditions current at the time of award.